Epitomics Anti-Peptide Antibodies
Anti-peptide antibodies are widely used in research and diagnostics.
A. Peptide Analysis – specific affinity peptide enrichment for proteomics and biomarker research
- Plasma and urinary proteome analysis by SISCAPA (stable isotope standards and capture by anti-peptide antibodies) or iMALDI (immuno-Matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization) assays
- Immunodiagnostic assays and kits
B. Protein Analysis – study the protein from which the peptide is derived.
- Expression and modification studies
- Epitope, conformation, cleavage and degradation studies
- Cellular localization, tissue distribution and membrane orientation studies
- Distinguish closely related proteins (as little as a single amino acid difference)
The advantages of Epitomics custom anti-peptide antibody are:
- Site-specificity - highly reactive to predetermined amino acid sequences
- High affinity - sub-nM range achieved easily
- Versatility - western blot, IP, IHC, ELISA applications
1. Rabbits generate a much stronger immune response to peptide antigens than mice
2. High specificity of anti-peptide RabMAbs (rabbit monoclonal antibody) allow discrimination of closely related proteins
Amyloid beta A4 Variant 40 (Aβ40) RabMAb. The amyloid beta-protein precursor (APP) is proteolytically cleaved to generate the 4 kDa Aβ4 protein variants of 38-43 amino acids such as Aβ38, Aβ40 and Aβ42.
3. Anti-Peptide RabMAbs can recognize very small peptides
Substance P, an 11-amino acid peptide, is a member of the tachykinin peptide hormone family Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human brain tissue using Anti-Substance P RabMAb (cat. #3229-1)
Anti-Peptide RabMAbs employed in SISCAPA Assay (Stable Isotope Standards and Capture by Anti-Peptide Antibodies)
- Key assay in Human Proteome Project, Human Proteome Detection and Quantitation Project and other protein biomarker research
- Enhanced sensitivity of an immunoassay with the specificity of mass spectrometry
- Average peptide enrichment >100 fold
- Antibody can be recycled after acid elution without performance degradation
SISCAPA is effectively a sandwich immunoassay for a target peptide, in which the second antibody is replaced by a mass spectrometer (acting as a generic second antibody applicable to all analytes and with absolute structural specificity).