RabMAbs against Cell Membrane Protein Targets
Rabbits are the ideal host for generating high quality antibodies against cell membrane proteins, including multi-span transmembrane proteins like GPCRs and channel proteins.
Some of the benefits of making antibodies in rabbits include:
- High specificity and affinity
- Vigorous response to small epitopes such as extracellular loops of GPCRs and ion channels, small molecules and lipids.
- Responsiveness to different modes of immunization (DNA, cells, proteins etc.)
- Novel epitope recognition
- Strong recognition of rodent proteins
We design the most effective strategy to deliver high affinity and specific RabMAbs against your favorite membrane target.
Potential immunogens include:
- Peptide antigens (e.g. peptide loop to mimic protein 3-D structure)
- Recombinant extra-cellular domain protein fragment
- Transiently transfected or stable cell line over-expressing protein of interest
- DNA (e.g. I.D immunization or gene “gun”)
- Combination strategy (e.g. alternating recombinant protein and cell line)
1. Immunization with a peptide antigen
2. Immunization with transient or stable antigen expressing cells
3. Immunization with DNA
Anti-Ryk antiserum staining of cells (after 7th injection)