PP2A Phospho (pY307) (PPP2CA) antibody RabMAb®Cat.#: 1155-1
Abcam ID: ab32104
Rabbit Monoclonal Antibody
Swiss Prot: P67775
Mol Weight: 36kDa
Protein phosphatase type 2A (PP2A) is a protein serine/threonine phosphatase that controls fundamental cellular processes, including transcription, translation, metabolism, cell growth, apoptosis, and varied other signal transduction pathways (1-3). PP2A is comprised of a core enzyme, which is made up of catalytic C and regulatory A (PR65) subunits, and a secondary regulatory B subunit. This B subunit contains four different protein families. In response to EGF or insulin, it has been shown that Src phosphorylates PP2A at Tyr307, thereby inactivating PP2A (4).
WB, IHC, ICC, IP
Applications and Recommended Dilution Factors
Species Reactivity *
Human, Mouse, Rat
*Cross reactivity determined by western blot only.
|A. Western blot analysis on A431 cell lysate using anti-Phospho-PP2A (Y307) RabMAb (catalog #1155-1), dilution 1:5,000. Cell lysates were either (1) untreated or (2) treated with EGF.||B. Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human brain using anti-Phospho-PP2A (Y307) RabMAb (catalog #-1155-1).|
A synthetic phospho-peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr307 of human PP2A was used as immunogen. The antibody only detects PP2A phosphorylated on Tyrosine 307. Predicted to cross-react with mouse, rat, bovine and pig, based on sequence homology.
Storage Condition and Buffer
Store at -20 °C. Buffer: Antibody buffer, sodium azide, glycerol, and BSA. Stable for 12 months from date of receipt.
PPP2CA antibody, PP2Ac antibody, PP2CA antibody, PP2Calpha antibody, RP-C antibody, Serine/threonine-protein phosphatase 2A catalytic subunit alpha isoform antibody, Replication protein C antibody
1. Janssens, V. and J. Goris. Protein phosphatase 2A: a highly regulated family of serine/threonine phosphatases implicated in cell growth and signalling. Biochem. J. 353: 417
2. Zabrocki, P., et al. Protein phosphatase 2A on track for nutrient-induced signalling in yeast. Mol. Microbiol. 43: 835
3. Milward, T.A., et al. Regulation of protein kinase cascades by protein phosphatase 2A. Trends Biochem. Sci. 24: 186
4. Chen, J., et al. Regulation of protein serine-threonine phosphatase type-2A by tyrosine phosphorylation. Science 257: 1261-1264 (1992).
1. Nevlani P, Santhanam S, Trotta R, et al, The tumor suppressor PP2A is functionally inactivated in blast crisis CML through the inhibitory activity of the BCR/ABLregulated SET protein ,Cancer Cell 8 (2005) 355-368
2. Martín-Encabo S, Santos E, Guerrero C, C3G mediated suppression of malignant transformation involves activation of PP2A phosphatases at the subcortical actin cytoskeleton ,Experimental cell reserarch 313 (2007) 3881-3891
[Application: WB, IP]
3. Chen L, Liu L, Huang SL, et al, Cadmium activates MAPK pathway via induction of reactive oxygen species and inhibition of protein phosphatase 2A and 5 ,Free Radical Biology and Medicine 45 (2008) 1035-1044
4. Chen L, Liu L, Yin J, et al, Hydrogen peroxide-induced neuronal apoptosis is associated with inhibition of protein phosphatase 2A, 5, leading to activation of MAPK pathway ,The International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology 41 (2009) 1284-1295
5. Kim SH, Markham JA, Weiler IJ, et al, Aberrant early-phase ERK inactivation impedes neuronal function in fragile X syndrome ,Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 105 (2008) 4429–4434
6. Zhu D, Tate RI, Ruediger R, et al, Domains Necessary for G 12 Binding and Stimulation of Protein Phosphatase-2A (PP2A): Is G 12 a Novel Regulatory Subunit of PP2A? ,Mol Pharmacol 71 (2007) 1268–1276
7. Aerbajinai W, Zhu J, Kumkhaek C, et al, SCF induces γ-globin gene expression by regulating downstream transcription factor COUP-TFII ,Blood 114 (2009) 187 - 194
8. Barreyro FJ, Kobayashi S, Bronk SF, et al, Transcriptional Regulation of Bim by FoxO3A Mediates Hepatocyte Lipoapoptosis ,The Journal of Biological Chemistry 282 (2007) 27141–27154
9. Ramel D, Lagarrigue F, Dupuis-Coronas S, et al, PtdIns5P protects Akt from dephosphorylation through PP2A inhibition ,Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 387 (2009) 127-131
10. Shay KP, Hagen TM, Age-associated impairment of Akt phosphorylation in primary rat hepatocytes is remediated by alpha-lipoic acid through PI3 kinase, PTEN, and PP2A ,Biogerontology 10 (2009) 443-456
11. Cristóbal I, Blanco FJ, Garcia-Orti L, et al, SETBP1 overexpression is a novel leukemogenic mechanism that predicts adverse outcome in elderly patients with acute myeloid leukemia ,Blood 115 ( 2010) 615-625
12. Tripathy S, Torres-Gonzalez M, Jump DB, Elevated hepatic fatty acid elongase-5 activity corrects dietary fat-induced hyperglycemia in obese BL/6J mice ,J Lipid Res 51 (2010) 2642-2654
13. Cheng G, Takahashi M, Shunmugavel A, et al, Basis for MAP4 Dephosphorylation-related Microtubule Network Densification in Pressure Overload Cardiac Hypertrophy ,J Biol Chem 285 (2010) 38125-38140
|Product Name||Catalog #|
|PP2A (N-term) RabMAb®||1504-1|
|Product Name||Catalog #|
|Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) HRP||3053-1|
|Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG polymerized HRP||3051-1|
|Cell Lysis Buffer||3500-1|
|Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG HRP Antibody||3056-1|