Elk-1 (ELK1) antibody RabMAb®Cat.#: 1277-1
Abcam ID: ab32106
Rabbit Monoclonal Antibody
Swiss Prot: P19419
Mol Weight: 62kDa
Elk-1 is a transcription factor that is part of the ets oncogene superfamily (1). Elk-1 forms a ternary complex with the serum response factors, SRE and SRF, mediating gene activity in response to serum and growth factors (2). Activation by several mitogen-activated protein kinases (Erk1 and Erk2) mediates the immediate early responses of the c-fos promoter to growth factors and other stimuli (3,4). Serines 383 and 389 in the C-terminal region are the preferred sites for phosphorylation-induced activation.
WB, IHC, ICC, IP
Applications and Recommended Dilution Factors
Species Reactivity *
Human, Mouse, Rat
*Cross reactivity determined by western blot only.
|A. Western blot analysis on A431 cell lysate using anti-Elk-1 RabMAb (catalog #1277-1), dilution 1:500.|
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in C-terminus of human ELK-1 was used as immunogen. The antibody does not cross-react with other ETS family members.
Storage Condition and Buffer
Store at -20 °C. Buffer: Antibody buffer, sodium azide, glycerol, and BSA. Stable for 12 months from date of receipt.
ELK1 antibody, ETS domain-containing protein Elk-1 antibody
1. Rao, V.N., et al. elk, tissue-specific ets-related genes on chromosomes X and 14 near translocation breakpoints. Science 244: 66
2. Marais, R., et al. The SRF accessory protein Elk-1 contains a growth factor-regulated transcriptional activation domain. Cell 73: 381
3. Harindranath, N., et al. The human elk-1 gene family: the functional gene and two processed pseudogenes embedded in the IgH locus. Gene 221: 215
4. Gille, H., et al. ERK phosphorylation potentiates Elk-1-mediated ternary complex formation and transactivation. EMBO J. 14: 951
1. Zhang L, Yang SH, and Sharrocks AD, Rev7/MAD2B Links c-Jun N-Terminal Protein Kinase Pathway Signaling to Activation of the Transcription Factor Elk-1 ,Molecular and Cellular Biology 27 (2007) 2861–2869
2. Boros J, Donaldson IJ, O'Donnell A, et al, Elucidation of the ELK1 target gene network reveals a role in the coordinate regulation of core components of the gene regulation machinery ,Genome Res 19 (2009) 1963-1973
[Application: WB, ChIP]
3. Boros J, O'Donnell A, Donaldson IJ, et al, Overlapping promoter targeting by Elk-1 and other divergent ETS-domain transcription factor family members ,Nucleic Acids Res 37 (2009) 7368-7380
[Application: WB, ChIP]
4. Lee SM, Vasishtha M, Prywes R, Activation and Repression of Cellular Immediate Early Genes by Serum Response Factor Cofactors ,J Biol Chem 285 (2010) 22036-22049
|Product Name||Catalog #|
|Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) HRP||3053-1|
|Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG polymerized HRP||3051-1|
|Cell Lysis Buffer||3500-1|
|Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG HRP Antibody||3056-1|